Back to overview
StoTherm Classic® S1External wall insulation system with optimised fire protection and maximum crack and impact resistance
Products and systems vary from location to location due to local building regulations and standards. We strongly advise you to make contact, your local expert will be happy to consult you on standards and approval.
- highly resistant to mechanical stress
- resistant to cracking thanks to an organic coating build-up
- intense, dark colour shades possible
- use of Stolit®, StoSilco®, StoSilco® blue and StoLotusan® as finishing render possible
- highly resistant to microorganisms (algae and fungi)
- cement-free, ready-to-use system components
- feasible without intermediate coat and paint coat
- fully-fledged, purely organic EWIS system which uses basalt, an exceptionally durable, non-combustible raw material
- highly weather-resistant
- permeable to water vapour and CO2
- insulation board made of mineral wool, up to 340 mm thick
Reaction to fire
- non-combustible, class A2-s1, d0 in accordance with EN 13501-1
- highly resistant to mechanical stress of up to 15 joules in a standard system build-up
- resistance of more than 60 joules in a highly impact-resistant build-up
- ball-impact resistant in accordance with DIN 18032-3
optional Lotus-Effect® Technology
Area of application
- new and existing buildings, installation limits in accordance with national building regulations
- especially suitable for high-rise, public and special-use buildings
- suitable for passivhaus standard
- masonry, e.g. brick, calcium silicate masonry units, cellular concrete, fair-faced masonry and masonry veneer
- concrete and concrete slab construction (three-layer concrete slabs)
- bonding and fixing with anchors
- cement-free, ready-to-use system components throughout
- no intermediate coat required
- special protection against algae and fungi with a double coat of paint
- application by machine
- system components under the "Blue Angel" environmental label are listed in the certificates
- organic and silicone resin renders as well as renders with Lotus-Effect® Technology in stippled render texture, rilled render texture, and free-style textured renders
- three-dimensional facade elements made of Verolith granulate
- tintable in accordance with the StoColor System
- light reflectance value < 25 % possible
The relevant European and/or national approvals apply.
How can I help?
We need your consent to load Pardot.
We use a third-party service to embed contact forms and make it available to you. By clicking “Accept”, you consent to your data being processed by Pardot in accordance with our CMP. You can find out more about the service by clicking “More information”. You can withdraw consent with effect for the future at any time.
We are Sto, how can we help you?
Audra Lee Sto Singapore
Otto Norling Sto Sweden
Wei Zhuang Sto China
Grant Littlejohn Int. project support London
Mark Harris Sto Gulf Region
Murat Yarar Sto Turkey